Posted to misc.consumers.house
Clark W. Griswold, Jr. Clark W. Griswold, Jr. is offline

Default Question on homeowner's insurance?

wrote:

my friend told me his insurance agent mentioned about insuring
the structure of the house is all that i need to do, not the house and
land. He said most insurance companies based the insurance on the land
and house when all i have to do is tell them that coverage is only
needed for structure of house. Anyone care to explain the details of
what exactly this meant?

I can't imagine any insurance company will insure land. What you may have done
is provided a value of your property that included the land value. You should
check and make sure your current insured value is structure and contents...