Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
ML ML is offline

Default Wood Powered Car ?

Farm1 wrote:
"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

wrote in message

Years ago I knew a fellow who heated his home with wood and was
proud
of it.

Good grief! Don't most people on farms still do that?

Not too many as far as I can tell. I don't see a lot of

woodpiles
in the yards. I think wood burning stoves make insurance companies
nervous. Propane and natural gas are probably the most common in

my
area.

Our insurance company wouldn't have a clue how we heat our house and
nor do they seem to care.

They will when your house burns down due to a wood burning stove
problem. At that time they will promptly point out the disclaimer text
of your policy that states that they are not liable for damages caused
by fire started from wood burning stoves. Read the fine print of your
policy, if you heat by stove, and make sure you have the proper
endorsement on your policy to cover fires cause by wood burning stoves.

Your premium will go up, but at least you will be covered.
--
ML

My disclaimer: The advice in the above text is my own and not of my
employer nor past employers, nor any potential future employers.