Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.english.usage
Peter Duncanson Peter Duncanson is offline

Default Hamfest ticket

On 14 Aug 2006 01:33:11 -0700, "Eric Walker"
wrote:

mm wrote:
I went to a hamfest (an electronics swap** meet) last sunday, a week
ago, and the ticket had on it "I AM" with no serifs on the letters. I
asked a guy at the table with those running the thing if it said "One
A.M." or "I am". He said it meant I am. I said, what does that mean,
and he said it meant "You are".

Does anyone have an idea what it really meant?

Almost surely "one a.m.", and the lad was having a leg pull.

Is that a leg pull, Eric?

Unless "a.m." didn't refer to a time-of-day I'd have thought that
one a.m. was a bit late at night (or a bit early in the morning) for
a hamfest to start.

But what would I know about hamfests?
--
Peter Duncanson, UK