Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Phil is offline

Default Newton Membrane

seani wrote:
I recently commisioned an independent damp report, and the upshot is
that I need to remove the plaster to a height of about 1m in several
downstairs rooms, and recover, inserting a Newton nembrane where
appropriate.

Is this the sort of thing that any decent plasterer should be able to
take in their stride, or do I really need to find one with specific
experience?

Any recommendations for a decent plasterer capable of doing the job in
Derbyshire?

Seems that there may be more to a 'Newton membrane' than just sticking
it behind some plaster:

http://www.newton-membranes.co.uk/in...eyorsguide.htm

Sounds like overkill unless it's below ground level etc...