Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Richard is offline

Default Underfloor heating as primary heating

Christian McArdle wrote:

There is an advantage in having rapidly responding heat output in a kitchen.
This is because the kitchen can hold other considerable heat producing
devices, such as ovens, microwaves, washing machines and hobs. A responsive
system can rapidly shut down, whilst a slow acting system may overheat the
room.

This is why I think a composite system containing both fan convectors and a
low output underfloor system would work most effectively in a kitchen. It
is, however, I concede, not the cheapest option by a large marign.

Christian.

Hi Christian

Sorry, I intended to convey in my posting that I think a composite
system is sensible, but wanted to see why Dr D doesn't.

Richard