Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt Matt is offline

Default Warranty on Makita cordless drill / Starter drill kits

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:52:25 +0100, Andy Hall

On 2006-08-13 23:29:53 +0100, "emsee" said:

I'm looking to buy a Makita 8280DWPE 14.4v combi drill but can't find
out how long the warranty is on this drill.
Does anyone know the length of the warranty for Makita's?

Standard Makita warranty is a year. I have the slightly earlier
model of this drill and it has been and remains superb - no issues at
all.

If you would like a product with a longer (e.g. 3 year) warranty, then
take a look at some models in the Bosch professional (blue) range or at
Metabo.

With the caveat that Bosch blue automatically revert to a "standard" 1
year warranty if the tool is not registered by post within 28 days.
You'd only find out if you found the poxy slip of recycled paper mixed
in with the multilingual instruction books or saw the asterisk in
their catalogue. ******s.

Not that it would stop me pursuing them through the courts if any of
my Bosch tools fail within 3 years or longer.