Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Underfloor heating as primary heating

"Richard" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Having UFH and a Myson convector is expensive madness. A kitchen needs
heat instantly and to be able to stop heat instantly. A kitchen is the
last place UFH should be considered.

Not if your spouse suffers from serious cramp in her feet as a consequence
of arthritis.

That is not the norm and a special circumstance. Also the Myson blow warm
air across the floor, so beneficial in your case.

Why do you suggest that a kitchen requires instantaneous heat?

As the cooking appliance can generate heat quite quickly and the heating
should be capable of being off immediately. The Myson will do this.

We spend more waking hours in our kitchen and breakfast room than in any
other part of the house.

And the cats love the Myson Kickspace heater ;-)

Richard

You got itn then.