Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle Christian McArdle is offline

Default Underfloor heating as primary heating

Interesting thoughts brought up. I think the underfloor option will
probably be too expensive for me, but I will definately look into the
fan heaters. Thanks everyone.

You can hedge your bets if you like. You can install the pipework, but not
fit the expensive manifolds/pump assemblies. Then, if you change your mind
later, you can complete the install. Once the floor is down, the opportunity
won't arise again!

BTW, the Myson Kickspace is very good. I have a 600 hydronic and it heats up
the kitchen very rapidly. It is best fitted on its own heating zone,
although this isn't essential. If you don't install a zone valve at all,
then balancing will be critical, or it will short circuit your heating
system even when off. A room stat is absolutely essential, too. They are so
powerful, the room would rapidly overheat without one.

Christian.