Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle Christian McArdle is offline

Default Underfloor heating as primary heating

Not if your spouse suffers from serious cramp in her feet as a
consequence of arthritis. Why do you suggest that a kitchen requires
instantaneous heat? We spend more waking hours in our kitchen and
breakfast room than in any other part of the house.

There is an advantage in having rapidly responding heat output in a kitchen.
This is because the kitchen can hold other considerable heat producing
devices, such as ovens, microwaves, washing machines and hobs. A responsive
system can rapidly shut down, whilst a slow acting system may overheat the
room.

This is why I think a composite system containing both fan convectors and a
low output underfloor system would work most effectively in a kitchen. It
is, however, I concede, not the cheapest option by a large marign.

Christian.