Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Underfloor heating as primary heating

"Tournifreak" wrote in message
ps.com...

wrote:
If you really want to be warm, forget about underfloor heating.
Whenever I look at a these systems they invariably are used in
conjunction with other heaters and the owners just wont admit that they
are useless because they spent so much money putting them in.

IMHO - this is utter rubbish.

It isn't at all. UFH needs well thought out control to be effective. Many
installers (plumbers really not know too much about it) throw lots of
plastic pipe under the floors, thinking this will solve everything. It
doesn't.

Pretty much our entire downstairs is UFH and is wonderful - gently warm
underfoot, invisible, economical and not expensive to install.

I'm yet to hear of anyone complain about a well-designed and installed
*wet* UFH system. Now *electric* is another matter....

Jon.