Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Underfloor heating as primary heating

"mkkbb" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it OK to have underfloor heating as your primary heat source for a
room (I'm looking at installing it into my kitchen)?

If so, what type and output would I need to get? I'm only looking at
covering about 9 square metres.

A waste of time. Use a Myson Kickspace fan convector. It goes in the
kickspace under the units. All you see is a neat grill, chrome or many
other colours. Blows heat across your feet. You can even have a wall
thermostat on it to ensure the kitchen doesn't overheat. No long lag in
warm up, as it warms up very fast and heat is instantly gone when the fan is
off. With UFH in a kitchen the heat hangs around for hours, meaning you may
have to open windows wasting heat which you have paid for, when the oven is
put on adding heat to the kitchen.