Posted to uk.d-i-y
emsee emsee is offline

Default Warranty on Makita cordless drill / Starter drill kits

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Don't bother. Go to Wickes where they have from around £120 a drill driver
with an angle attachment - two drills in one. The chuck slips off and
drivers can be inserted directly into the body. Then buy the SDS drill for
£99. Both are quality, 3 yr guarantee made by Kress in Germany (rebadged).

£220 for basically three quality drilling functions.

I should have made it clear, my budget is limited to around £80-£90
(+drill bits & other accessories) & I'm only going to be using it for
reasonably light & occasional DIY work - I couldn't possibly justify
spending over £200.

I was considering getting a lower priced budget drill but the Makita
seemed to be on offer at a good price and is reasonably lighweight for
the spec.