Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Low airflow, replace flex duct?

Tony Hwang wrote in
news:58UDg.397658$IK3.384907@pd7tw1no:

lp13-30 wrote:

Al, you said you guarantee your math, but you are wrong. A 5" and 6"
SQUARE are 25 and 36 square inches respectively, so your numbers are
way off. The numbers you came up with are for 10" and 12". The RADIUS
of the 5" will be 2.5", and the 6 =3". We actually had a guy a work
that said two 9" ducts would equal one 18". That was about 5 years
ago and we still laugh about it. BTW, an easy way to figure area of a
circle is that it is about 21% less than that of a square the same
size as the diameter of the circle, whether it is 1 inch or 1 mile.
Larry

Hi,
When he is talking about diameter, you're talking about square?
Amazing! I am thinking of Pi, LOL.

I am thinking of Pi

I love apple crisp :-)