Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RGB RGB is offline

Default Why do old trinitron tubes go green?

b wrote:
wrote:
Hmmm, just sort of in relation to this thread: can anyone tell me if
its worth repairing my Trinitron? Model: G420S.

The red is pretty much dead now, and the blue sometimes work and
sometimes doesn't. For the most part, the green is fine. Here's a video
of it a few months ago (it would flash during warming up but would
eventually stabilize, but the video shows it's totally crapping it...
turning it OFF then ON would fix this):

http://www.samaseysan.com/temporary/...experience.avi

resolder the crt neckboard area.
also change the rgb filter cap. maybe for good measure also change the
160v caps on the b+ line. I had to do this recently.on an E 200
trinitron
-B.

I dunno how to do all that stuff. Is it dangerous? Easy? I don't even
have a solder, nor do I have any experience.