Mark Rand

Default SCFM vs. CFM, also air flow/pressure across a regulator

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 11:07:49 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

You're obviously right, Ned. I believe it's something like 4 cfm @ 90 psi
equals 1000 watts based on what you can get out of a 1.5 hp compressor.
I have also sadly lost my copy of Halliday and Resnick, so I am not inclined
to do all the physics calculations to get a better answer. Obviously, the
temperature and barometric pressure will play a part too.

Grant Erwin

Nearer 250 Watts of useful power. A _lot_ of the power going into the
compressor ends up heating the air. Think of what can be done with a 500 Watt
electric angle grinder and then think of what a fearsome beast a 1000 watt die
grinder would be!

Mark Rand
RTFM