Posted to alt.home.repair
2006 August 2006 August is offline

Default how to repair pop-corn acoustic ceiling?

How much work need to scrap the ceiling of a 15' x 15' size room?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"2006 August" wrote in message
om...
My house is built in 1977 in Silicon Valley Northern California.
The white ceiling is what they so call pop-corn acoustic ceiling.
I need to replace a area of 16" x 22" ceiling dry sheet rocks.

Can you tell me how to re-paint this pop-corn ceiling to match the rest
ceiling?

What is this material and how to apply it?

It has to be sprayed on, not a simple DIY job. There are people that do it
for a living but I imagine they'd want a nice buck to come out and set up.

I hate the stuff and scraped my ceiling clean and painted them. IMO, much
better looking.