Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

Default Drip irrigation system keeps springing leaks?!

Bob Robertson wrote:
Hey guys, starting about 4 months ago, I have been constantly battling leaks
in my 1/2 inch drip lines. After I fix one, a couple days later another
point in the line has cracked and starts spraying water. My house is about
9 yrs old (also live in the Phoenix area where it gets a bit warm) - is it
possible the line is just so old that the whole darn thing needs replacing?
Do pressure regulators go bad - if so, could increased pressure cause this?
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

No responses yet? Ok Bob, I'll give it a shot. These regulators do
go bad- I had one in the house do that, allowing excess pressure into
the system. You might try just adjusting it first. Is there (should
be) some place to attach pressure tester? eg, near backflow preventer?
Next, replacing it. Be a drag if you have to replace lines, though it
may come to that.