Posted to alt.home.repair
jimm jimm is offline

Default framing basement walls

nicholas_hannon25 wrote:
... basement room, I'm turning it into a bedroom.

I wish there was a Federal law against covering basement walls,
ceilings, and floors. Water seepage into basements is very
common, but it is often not noticed if it evaporates quickly
before forming droplets or moist carpeting.

When evaporation is enclosed, it tends to condense into liquid,
and sits there for years generating mold, spores, and
mold waste vapors, if not also wood rot.

And when a water pipe starts to drip, from corrosion or
condensation, it can be months before it shows up.

(Viva basement liberation!)