Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default how to repair pop-corn acoustic ceiling?

"cm" wrote in message
news
If you want the repair to be anywhere close to invisible then call a

drywall
repair company.

I repaired a much small area (8"x12") with some stuff I picked up at HD.

THE problem with DIY stuff is that you KNOW where you did the repair and you
always notice. But the nature of the "popcorn" ceiling is that it's all so
random that someone who doesn't know what was "new" and what was "original"
can really tell. If you ask someone to find the "repaired" spot, he is as
likely to find some "defect" in the original job as your "repair."

Obviously, you have to scrape off some of the adjacent "popcorn" the make a
ragged edge between new and old. But remember, it's "random."

cm

"2006 August" wrote in message
om...
My house is built in 1977 in Silicon Valley Northern California.
The white ceiling is what they so call pop-corn acoustic ceiling.
I need to replace a area of 16" x 22" ceiling dry sheet rocks.

Can you tell me how to re-paint this pop-corn ceiling to match the rest
ceiling?

What is this material and how to apply it?

Thank you.