Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Galvanized steel as a conductor

Galvanized steel as a conductor.

I don't know the name of what I have. It's steel, galvanized I think,
a half inch wide, 1/16 inch thick and was about 3 feet long when I
bought it. Now I would like to cut 2 one-inch pieces, drill holes in
each end, and use screws and nuts to attach my new motorcycle battery
to one end and the battery "cables" to the other end of each piece.

Is there a problem because it is galvanized? Should I remove the
coating with a wire wheel on a bench grinder, or with a grind stone,
or is it ok?

I can't get an exact duplicate battery for my new 1969 Honda
motorcylce and the old one had its battery posts about a half-inch
outside the perimeter of the battery.

Remove NOPSAM to email me..