Patriot Patriot is offline
Junior Member

[quote=James Lerch]On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 03:36:15 GMT, Ignoramus13822
lid wrote:

Anyway, your plan is to fit a radiator to this system. Is that right?

Correct, all I have to do is figure out how large the radiator should
be, and if it should have a 12vdc, 120vac, or belt driven fan. I'm
kind of favoring the 120vac fan, as would require less work and
perhaps be more reliable than the belt driven fan, and not require a
dedicated 12vdc supply from the engine..

I guess it can be deduced from the fuel usage numbers, keeping in mind
that 1/3 goes into electricity, 1/3 into exhaust and 1/3 is consumed
in the cooling system (source: alt.energy.homepower).

Interesting, I'll bring the manual home tomorrow and try and decipher
the fuel consumption values while I scan it into the computer.
Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

James,
I know this post is a year old , but just discovered it. I just bought a 22 HP Changfa engine & it has a very loud knock. Watching the video of your engine, I noticed it does the same on acceleration, but mine does it all the time it's running. Sounds almost like loose rod bearings. Is this normal for these engines? Hate to think I got a new lemon.