Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tbasc@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Foundation Repair and Living in House

Math teacher wrote:
Can anyone tell me if you can continue to live in a house that needs
foundation repairs while the repairs are being done? Also, I realize
that this next answer depends on the extent of the problem, but do
repairs normally take days, weeks or months?

Thanks for any insight.

Eigenvector has the right idea.
If the foundation repairs are extensive,
the utilities may have to be cut so house can be raised enough to do
the work.
If the repairs are minor, slow raising of parts of the house can allow
living in the house.
(This house has been raised in parts several times while we continued
lived in it.)
TB