Posted to uk.d-i-y
john2 john2 is offline

Default Identity and source for tiny bulbs

Richard wrote:
The controls for the heated seats in my SAAB each contain two tiny
bulbs. They appear to be filament rather than solid state and have a
coloured silcone cover. Each bulb is mounted on a removable carrier.
I've put a couple of very poor (sorry macro photography is not my forte)
pictures he http://richard2808.fotopic.net/c1050691.html

Suggestions as to source of replacements would be much appreciated. New
switches are prohibitively expensive.

TIA

Richard

Probably worth checking the battery volts if the bulbs have blown. They
should be underrun for a many thousand hour life.
Anything above about 14.5v with engine running might indicate a
regulation problem (though I am not an battery expert).

john2