Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer The Wanderer is offline

Default [OT] rough guide to cost of extension?

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 17:25:01 +0100, Dr Zoidberg wrote:

This is pretty much directly opposed to on-topic as it involves getting
builders in but I thought people here would be knowledgeable on such
matters.

I'm idly considering an extension to my house and wondered if anyone has a
rough idea how much it's likely to cost.

A *very* long time since I did the same, and TBH, I really can't remember
what the bottom line total was, all I would say is when you come up with a
ball-park figure, double it and you won't be too far out from the final
cost. :-(

As an aside, having lived through the experience once, I vowed I'd never do
the same again. The aggravation and hassle just ain't worth it. I'd move
every time to get more room.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net