Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet Mechanism Vibrates/Replace Ball Cock??

Speedy Jim wrote:
FLSTCI wrote:
I have a American Standard toilet that I think is around 17-20 years
old. It has the ball cock/flush ball mechanism in it.

Old mechanisms were well made, todays are short term junk!

disassemble and replace worn washers, its easy and fast. try to find a
real hard ware store for washers and help.

home depot isnt ideal, they will just sell you a new plastic mechanism,
that will need replaced every 3 to 5 years

washers are cheap! at least try this approach befor tossing dependable
ballcock you will regret it later...........