Posted to rec.woodworking
D Smith D Smith is offline

Default Router depth gauge

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" writes:

CW wrote:
Man, that's brilliant! We could call it a ruler!

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
I've had a think and all it takes is a bit of wood with increments
of half inch steps at one end, increments of 1/8th steps in the
middle and 1/16th steps at the other end, marked on the wood.
Position the wood against the fence and move the fence near to the
router bit in question and adjust the height.

We could :-P but the difference is I have difficulty in concentrating on
small increments on a ruler basically because its silver in colour with
black segements whereas a piece of wood is whitish background plus I'm
segregating the segements of a ruler.

...so, you're suggesting a ruler made of ... wood?

Hmmm. I wonder if there's a patent on that. Have to check.

:-)