Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown foggytown is offline

Default Hypothetical question for wreckers

J T wrote:
Thu, Aug 10, 2006, 5:36am (EDT-3) (foggytown) doth
query:
Assume that there were no power tools in the world. Would you still be a
keen woodworker? Be honest. snip

Silly question. Too many variable to give a viable response.
Whatca mean by power tools for one? If you mean just electric tools
that's one thing, after all there were none for most of our history; but
if you include water power, human power, that's something else
altogether. And, am I going to be filthy rich, with time to waste; or
am I going to be a coal miner say, working 12-14 hours a day, seven days
a week? Inquiring mind wants to know.

If you don't understand the question just say so. Like I'm sure when
someone says "power tools" you immediately think of a water-driven
Archimedes screw, right? You understood wekll enough. You just wanted
to play bitch, didn't you.