Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Hypothetical question for wreckers

Thu, Aug 10, 2006, 5:36am (EDT-3) (foggytown) doth
query:
Assume that there were no power tools in the world. Would you still be a
keen woodworker? Be honest. snip

Silly question. Too many variable to give a viable response.
Whatca mean by power tools for one? If you mean just electric tools
that's one thing, after all there were none for most of our history; but
if you include water power, human power, that's something else
altogether. And, am I going to be filthy rich, with time to waste; or
am I going to be a coal miner say, working 12-14 hours a day, seven days
a week? Inquiring mind wants to know.

However, if you're just referring to electric power tools, then I'd
have to say that regardless of my occupation and status I'd quite
possibly be doing woodworking of one type or another. After all, not so
many years back as history goes a lot of people had to make their own
furniture, and so on. Doing it as a profession, possibly; doing it as a
hobby, I seriously doubt it.

JOAT
Teamwork is very important. It gives you someone to blame.