Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE Sylvain VAN DER WALDE is offline

Default DIY dentistry... sticking a loose crown back in ?

"AJH" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 00:36:45 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

Many in my generation (born 1958) have bad teeth

I'm from a slightly earlier era but still had my milk teeth when the
sugar ration ended, I suspect my mum overdid the sugar after this as
she wanted the best for us, herself not realising the restricted diet
she thought of as being inadequate was probably more healthy.

We were then treated by dentists on piecework, who
benefited by doing shoddy jobs quickly.

Yes it paid dentists to fill unnecessarily, we had a big migration of
antipodean dentists during the 60s and they worked the piecework
system to perfection, the technique of "trench" filling speeded up the
process of accumulating a wad to retire early on.

Some damn Indian doctor did some fillings (a long time ago) without giving
me any injections. No doubt, he was charging the NHS for them.

Sylvain.

AJH