Posted to uk.d-i-y
HLAH HLAH is offline

Default Asbestos in Garage Roof - How to dispose of

"Richard" wrote in message
Mitch wrote:

Anyway regarding disposal; look at your local authority's 'recycling'
website. Can't find the page at present, but mine used to require the
(smashed) sheets to be black bagged and the site phoned before delivery
into their specific asbestos cement bin. The page now simply states that
asbestos cement products are accepted at . . and names the centres.

I had some broken asbestos sheets which I kept digging up in the garden to
get rid of. The LA said you could take something like up to a ton to be put
in the asbestos bin at the dump - sorry "recycling centre" - for about £35.
In the end I just broke them up, dampened of course, and put them double
bagged into the wheelie bin a little every week.

Now I just had a look to see what the policy is now, their web page for
"hazardous waste disposal" is a blank page. Ho hum WTF do we pay our council
tax for?