Posted to uk.d-i-y
Douglas de Lacey Douglas de Lacey is offline

Default DIY dentistry... sticking a loose crown back in ?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE wrote:

P.S. I believe that we have the most expensive dentists and doctors in
the world (probably other trades as well).
P.P.S. I heard very recently
that London is the most expensive city in the world.

A radio prog the other week reckoned it was cheaper to fly to and stay
overnight in IIRC Poland for even fairly simple dental work. And the
quality of work is at least as good as here.

Maybe, but Sylvain is wrong. According to the beeb London got to No 2 in
2004[1], but currently it's either Oslo[2] or Moscow[3] (depending on
whom you believe) with Tokyo pushed into third place.

Douglas de Lacey
[1] http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3803303.stm
[2] http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/4669400.stm
[3] http://www.finfacts.com/costofliving.htm (more recent than [2])