Posted to alt.home.repair
Mook Johnson Mook Johnson is offline

Default Generator on detached garage

The ones I'm looking at abur about 1/2 gallon per hour at half load. about
10 gallons would get me through the night and long enough to scavange for
more gas.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Gee with that many watts check the fuel necessary for 12 hour run, its
likely 75 or a 100 gallons.

How will your family feel about having that many gallons stoired around
your home?

if a hurricane hits power will be out for a week or longer, your
generator will die when your fuel supply quits.....

I doubt keeping a thousand gallon tank is permissable in a resenditial
neighborhood, let alone affording thew tank plumbing and monitoring
system...

Now add in keeping your fuel fresh

Just buying stabilizer will cost a lot.\

have you priced a natural gas generator at home depot? around here 5
grand can get you operational, and natural gas is tops for reability..