jim rozen

Default SCFM vs. CFM, also air flow/pressure across a regulator

In article , Ned Simmons
says...

conversion factor such that cfm X psi X constant = watts.
What would that factor be?

Hmm. This might actually work out, the energy
stored in a pressure vessel is (IIRC) 1/2 P(sq) x V
so if you imagine an amount of air at a given
pressure passing a point in a pipe, then
that would be a time rate change of energy.

I think I would have to get ahold of my copy
of Haliday and Resnick at work, with the units
conversion tables at the back, to give the
constant though.

Jim

please reply to: