Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Please Help! 4 bulb antique floor lap wiring

wrote:
Tracy wrote:

wrote:

Note antique lamps were NOT built to todays safety standards some tip
over easy. that happened to a friend 125 thousand in home firee damage
caused by antique lamp tipping over.

If in doubt cut wire off lamp keep as momento buy new lamp for safety

Thank you, but no worries there. It has a HEAVY cast iron base. It is a
really solidly built ornate floor lamp. Its just the wiring that needs
reworked. :}

Tracy

thats good but I think you should upgrade to 3 prong for safety
reasons, a ground cant hurt and one day might save a nasty shock or
worse

Why? I haven't even seen a modern lamp with a 3 wire cord on it, just do
the wiring carefully.