Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Suggested price on a Delta 46-700 lathe

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 01:57:27 GMT, "Clint" wrote:

Found someone who's got one for sale; sounds like he's taken good care of
his equipment. For one of these in good shape, what sort of price would be
fair? I don't want to low-ball him on a price, but I have a reasonably
limited budget for toys right now, and wasn't really planning on buying a
lathe right now, but not many used ones show up around here.

FWIW, I'm up in Canada. I checked some of the sites I'm aware of to see
what the current retail is on it, but it doesn't seem to still be for sale.

That the 12" gap bed type with enclosed cabinet? I paid $675 for one
used with a new link belt, and it seems like a fair price. I had a
kind of limited budget as well, but the guy I bought it from was good
enough to hold it for me for a few weeks while I finished a contract.