Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Hypothetical question for wreckers

On 10 Aug 2006 05:36:51 -0700, "foggytown" wrote:

Assume that there were no power tools in the world. Would you still be
a keen woodworker? Be honest.

Yep. I've even been there, when I was first starting out- even when I
first got into turning, I used a bow saw, axe, and splitting maul to
harvest wood, then roughed the blanks with a handsaw. Of course now I
have and appreciate a chainsaw, but not having one never stopped me.

Even now, I do most fine shaping and finish work with hand tools
because they seem to have more control than a speeding hunk of
carbide. Not much of a stretch to do all of it without motors, though
I'd get a lot less done.