Posted to rec.woodworking
eclipsme eclipsme is offline

Default Kitchen Island features

And along these lines, I am working on a kitchen with an island. The
cabinets along the wall, including the sink, will have concrete tops,
while the island, including the range, will have southern yellow pine
boards edge glued.

The cabinets themselves are cherry with walnut panels.

contrasty cabinets or contrasty tops. Both are good ideas.

Harvey

noonenparticular wrote:
Something you haven't mentioned which looks really nice is to make it out of
a wood that contrasts that which you used in your wall cabinets.

jc

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
In my quest to build kitchen cabinets, after getting the base cabinets
made (granite countertops were installed today), I'm getting ready to
embark on an island. For the most part, the base cabinets were pretty
much standard. For the island, I'm wondering if anyone who has built
kitchen cabinets incorporated any (for lack of a better term) "cool"
features. Or, for those who haven't, are there any features you'd like to
see? Along of the lines of what I'm talking about could range from a
special drawer to hold the aluminum foil, plastic wrap, etc., to a pop-up
mixer stand.

todd