Posted to alt.home.repair
rickandroll rickandroll is offline

Default Generator Thoughts

You own a plane, but can't afford a grand for a good generator?!?!?

Kyle Boatright wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I think the Coleman Powermate runs 1,000 watts. I did a froogle
search, and this was the closest I found

http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com...or-632696.aspx

which is $609, and is 1800 watts.

What equipment do you want to run? Motors, lights, heaters, what?

Extremely occasional use at an airport location without electricity. I need
to run a 250w engine pre-heater 10 times a year for a couple of hours.
Concurrent with that, I'd probaby run a battery tender which would have a
very low draw.

I figure spending a few hundred bucks on a generator will be cheaper (but
less convenient) in the long run than running power to the hangar and paying
an electricity bill (and meter charge) every month.

KB

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.