Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Replaced bathroom sink - trap doesn't align

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:21:37 -0700, "# Fred #"
wrote:

:
:
: If there's some way of decreasing the extension of the drain pipe out
: from the wall by 1/2 - 3/4 inch, that would solve it. There's a big nut
: at the wall into which the drain pipe disappears.
:
:1. Loosen the nut and push the pipe in. If it doesn go in any further not
:you could cut the pipe to length.

So, that pipe attaches somehow inside the wall? How does that work?
:
:
:2. You could use a flex tube from top of the trap to the bottom of the sink.

Yeah, some kind of flex tube would work, I suppose. Maybe I'll do that.
I'm afraid to crank on the nut at the wall in that the drain pipe could
snap or crack.