Posted to alt.home.repair
JimL JimL is offline

Default Wood Floor - Subfloor question

On 11 Aug 2006 14:04:28 -0700, "jmyszka"
wrote:

I just spoke with the builder, and they tell me that it is 2-3'' of
lightweight concrete for noise/fire prevention purposes (the garage is
on the first floor). My guess is that this means I now have a
glue-down job?

The concrete is fairly clean, I have swept and vaccumed. Do I need to
use concrete cleaner before I can glue?
Thanks,
Joe

I would vacuum and then damp mop to get rid of all the dirt and dust.
Patch any bad spots with polypatch material or any concrete patch.

Then follow slab instructions that comes with your floor product
EXACTLY. Let that be your ONLY source of advice.