Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve W Steve W is offline

Default Which jig saw?

The Bosch is excellent, but the Ridgid is actually a nice german tool nearly
as good as the Bosch and quite a bit cheaper. I took by Bosch back and got
the Ridgid to save some money and have no reqrets. They also have a
cordless version now.

-Steve

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
oups.com...

Raffo wrote:
Hi all. I'm trying to cut out a pattern into soft wood that breaks
easily. Can anybody recommend a jig saw that has a particularly smooth
reciprocating action for doing fine work. The jig saw I have been using
is a no-name brand, made in China jig saw, that vibrated and shook my
work piece around, which made it break apart. Maybe I should just clamp
my work piece down better? In any case, your suggestions for a good
quality jig saw are welcome. Thank you.

The Bosch 1590 is the best jigsaw I've ever used. It has also been top
rated in several of the WWing magazines. Be sure you're using a sharp
blade with lotsa teeth. I've had great success with the Bosch 101AO 3"
20-Tooth. You can also use an anti-tear-out insert on those saws
that'll help even more, although you probably won't need it with that
set-up.

JP