Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE Sylvain VAN DER WALDE is offline

Default DIY dentistry... sticking a loose crown back in ?

On 2006-08-11 12:23:13 +0100, Derek ^ said:

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:09:15 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

snip

He also said my NHS crowns were "Atrocious".

Why am I not surprised about that?

Mine were atrocious too.

When I had my one done, the dentist quoted two prices, one twice
the other. I asked what the difference was, other than the money,
and he said "a crown that fits" (a private rather than an NHS
one). I had the expensive one. When it finally fell off (after about
10 years) in the USA and I went to an American dentist to have it stuck
back on, the American chap commented that it was "an excellent job".

In my own experience, there are more bad _private_ dentists than good ones.
In the past few years, I've had 4 bad ones and 2 good ones. Price is not
necessarely a good guide.

Sylvain.

--
"Other people are not your property."