Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Parking Pad

"Pete C." wrote in message

Concrete - durable, looks good, low maintenance, high initial cost
Asphalt - durable, some maintenance, cost less than concrete
Pavers - Some maintenance, weed growth in cracks, low cost
gravel - high maintenance, low cost

I believe for a small scale pad (assume 8' x 16') asphalt will cost
considerably more than concrete due to the need for specialty equipment
for placement vs. a 2x form and a screed board.

When I got a price for a similar parking pad, the asphalt guy wanted almost
as much for the small pad as for doing an entire driveway. Near work
there is an outfit that will line up a number of jobs in the same area and
do them all in the same day or two at more reasonable cost, but he does not
come down to my town. If you have a neighbor getting a new drive, you may
be able to piggy-back cheap. Otherwise, concrete is probably best.