Grant Erwin

Default SCFM vs. CFM, also air flow/pressure across a regulator

Yes, this page says what you say it says. So who the heck is
cleandryair.com and why should I believe them over what is obvious, what
is common practice in the air compressor industry, and what is taught in
every engineering school?

I suspect this page is trying to redefine some terminology to give themselves
some kind of business advantage. I have no problem with this, but don't expect
me to believe it.

Grant Erwin

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Roger Head writes:

http://www.cleandryair.com/scfm_vs__icfm_vs__acfm.htm

This page correctly explains that CFM, SCFM, ACFM, etc., ALL refer to "the
volume of air that is compressed each minute and it is measured on the
_inlet_ side of the compressor." The "S" or "A" prefixes simply further
specify the temp and humidity of this inlet air.