Posted to alt.home.repair
Alan Alan is offline

Default How to protect and use my new EPDM roof?

I'm working on a similar problem right now. Try checking out
www.lockdry.com for an aluminum decking that is a decking material that
claims to serve as a roof with a lifetime warranty. Let me know what
you decide to do. Linoleum doesn't sound like a good solution.

Bob F wrote:
I have a porch floor /roof that has just been professionally covered
with EPDM. I am looking for the best way to protect it from wear, etc.,
without damaging it in the process. Would it be practical to install
linoleum or other "sheet goods" on part of it? Does anyone know about
industrial mats that are sometimes used for walkways on EPDM?
We have talked about a "floating deck, but the roofer advises it would
gather dirt and trash underneath and would need to be removable for
cleaning and repairs.

This area is itself covered and protected by a roof overhead.

Suggestions? Experiences? Horror stories?