Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Avoid Preway Service Inc. in New York!

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
Grey Leader wrote:
After the pointless 5 minute visit, which
cost me $100, I waited another 3 weeks for the part to come in and
then another week for a second technician visit

First mistake - paying $100 for a service call when they didn't have the
specified part with them.

Anyway, it becomes
painfully obvious that he doesn't know this LG model washer or what
he's doing to install the new pump. After about an hour, he wants to
give it a try.

Second mistake. You should have sent him away and told the company to
send a competent employee.

They ordered the
wrong pump. Of course they did. Then he says he has to go, bails
out on me, and leaves me with a "JOB COMPLETED" slip.

Third mistake - signing a "Job Completed" ticket when the job wasn't
done.

Oh, and did i
mention that my credit card has been charged $397 for this?

Tell the company you didn't get the service you paid for and that will
dispute the CC billing if they don't complete the job in a timely
fashion for $397 total. If they don't cooperate file a complaint with
LG, your local BBB, and your state's attorney general. At least you'll
get $500 worth of entertainment out of it.

Another thing: It's sometimes not such a hot idea to tell a repair person
what part they need. If the new part doesn't fix the problem, you still have
to pay for it, and it's your own fault for diagnosing incorrectly.