Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jah213@gmail.com is offline

Default Safe and Humane Mouse Eradication

I have seen live traps for mice but have had poor luck with them.
There is one that has been recommended here before, called "The Tin
Cat," that looks like it might do the trick. Of course, you have to,
#1, take any mice caught FAR away before releasing them, or they will
just beeline it back into your house; #2, figure out where they are
getting in and fix it, or others will take advantage once you've
removed the early adopters.

I once had a cat that wouldn't catch mice and asked a hardware store
man for help finding a live trap. I explained that I wanted to make
sure it was something that wouldn't hurt my cat. He looked at me
blankly, and then said, "You have a cat AND you have mice? Lady, you
need to be at home talking to your cat, not here talking to me!"

Jo Ann
PS: BTW, the poster who said not to feed the cat is wrong. Cats
either catch mice or they don't, and those that do, do a much better
job of it if they are well fed and healthy. Since you know you have a
recurrent mouse problem, you might want to consider adopting a second
cat from known mousing lines. I now have two, and have zero mouse
problems.

Gary Brown wrote:
Hi,

We have a serious mouse and ant infestations this year. We
usually get a few mice as winter approaches but this summer
has been terrible. So far we've trapped 10 of the little pests
with more still running around the kitchen. Our cat can't be
bothered - and its his food that they are mostly after!

Before my wife calls any exterminator is there a safe and
humane way of ridding ourselves of these pests? (Safe to
us, our cat, and the chipmunks and squirrels that share our
land.)

Thanks,
Gary