Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser Lobby Dosser is offline

Default Steady Rest for a 10" lathe

" wrote:
Thanks Leo.

Hi Reed

There is a 10 piece bundle of brand new Destaco clamps on Ebay if you
are interested.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Lobby Dosser wrote:
Owen Lowe wrote:

In article URLCg.19321$hj4.16928@trnddc03,
Lobby Dosser wrote:

I used regular 2" or 3" C-clamps for a while but wanted something
that was quicker - there are likely many clamp types that would
work.

I was gonna ask what the clamps were, then I saw the 'de' in the
brand name. Pretty much anything that has 'de' in the name I
can't afford. )

As I recall, these de-Sta-cos were about $13-$14 each. When you
compare that to other quality clamps that will hold well - even
Vise-Grips, they are in the ballpark and even inside the baseline.

That sounds reasonable. I did a search, but couldn't find a seller. Do
you remember where you got them?