Posted to alt.home.repair
doug doug is offline

Default outside faucets

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:19:24 -0500, doug wrote:

My sister in law has a new home and when I tried her outside faucets,
they (both of them) made a whining type noise (not banging). It
seemed a higher pitch and louder than what I'm use to hearing. In my
house, I might hear a little of this type sound (I think lower pitch
and not as loud) when I first turn on the faucet but then I just hear
the water running thru the pipes.

What is causing my sister in law's plumbing to make this sound? Is it
due to lack of venting or a washer inside the faucet? Thanks.

// doug //
website: MyHomeRebate.com
"Buy New Homes for Less in Texas"

Thanks all for the help. I think its safe to say it's a washer and
tho it doesn't sound great, nothing to really be concerned about.