Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Please Help! 4 bulb antique floor lap wiring

Tracy wrote:
I have my great grandmothers 4 bulb floor lamp that has started to
make crackling noises in the upper bulb. I would like to rewire all
ends. It has me lost as to which wire goes where. Ok.... I also
didnt write down everything ( or map it) while taking it apart. :{ Big
Mistake!
The 3 lower bulbs connect to the lower turning switch. Turn once for
one light on, turn again for 2 lights on, turn again for 3 lights on
at once, turn again and all off. The switch has a black, blue and, red
wire coming from it.

The upper turning switch is just your basic off and on, but was wired
thru the the lower wiring.

I would truly appreciate ANY help on rewiring this properly. A
diagram or drawing would make the most sense to me, but any info would
really
help.
Thank you in advance.....If I havent made anything clear please ask.

Sincerely,

Tracy

Since it is old and may have even been replaced before, the only safe
way of figuring it out is to use a meter and a small amount of electrical
knowledge. Are you replacing that switch? It might be a good thing to do
if you can find a replacement that will fit. Try bringing the one you have
to a real electrical supply center, one used by the pros. Most cities will
have one or more or you might try a large lighting store. I would consider
the same for all the sockets.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit